Bosnia





Bosnian cuisine is a blend between eastern and western cuisine.  Spices are used to a minimal and dishes are made with few ingredients which lets each ingredient shine in its flavour.

The Menu

Ajvar

A dip made with Red Peppers, Eggplants, garlic with a generous amount of olive oil.   This dip is best eaten with a pita or a side relish.  Similar to hummus or baba ganoush in texture I was hoping it would pair well with my Cevapi.  However this did not quite work like I thought and maybe if the cevapi   was served with a pita there would have been a different flavour profile.  The smokiness of the eggplants and peppers did give this dip a really nice finish.



Cevapi

A sausage without a casing is how its described online.  However it is just basically ground meat either rolled up or flattened and grilled.  A minimal of spices is used and its usually paired with Ajvar and pita.   I used a combination of beef and pork which is not too authentic as lamb would have been used more instead of pork.  I really did like these though somehow the simplicity and combination with the Ajvar was flavourful.   I just wished I had made pita.



Prebranac

Butter beans with paprika.  I used a combination of paprika from smoked sweet to a much redder deeper paprika.   I found this combination worked quite well and was very happy with the taste of this bean dish.









Comments