Joojeh Kabob... Lime and Saffron Chicken Kabobs

Joojeh Kabob

Every once in a while I come across a recipe that I dump in a folder under want to try.  My want to try folder must have hundreds of recipes by now that I have not tried but plan on doing so.   As a few of you may have noticed I have take a bit of break from cooking different countries every week.

That does not mean I have stopped cooking by no means but more so I have been experimenting and catching up on some of my want to try recipes.   One such recipe that has been stuck in my want to try folder for so long has been this Joojeh Kabob recipe.

There have been quite a few times that I have wanted to delete this recipe as it calls for marinating chicken breast in yogurt for 2 days.   In my mind marinating chicken breast in yogurt for 2 days would be overkill and I thought would turn the meat to a mush.   Well am I ever glad I did not delete this recipe.   It was probably one of the best chicken kabobs I have ever had.

The chicken was moist tender and just bursting with flavours.  I highly recommend this recipe for a nice summer dinner.  I usually never post links for recipes as there are so many variables involved but this one truly is special.  One thing to note is that I halved the amount of Tumeric used to 1/2 teaspoon.

http://www.alive.com/recipe/lime-and-saffron-chicken-kabobs-joojeh-kabab/

 


Comments