Please Belize Once More



I really hate it when something goes wrong,  or not done to ones best ability.   If you don't bother to learn from your mistakes or try and try to improve on them one will never move forward.   So in the interest of saving my sanity and civilization at the same time I had to re-do Belize.

Red Recado Side Sauce
This time I decided I would also make a Red Recado sauce on the side and would do a whole roasted chicken in the Big Easy infrared cooker.   I felt this would do the Recado spice more justice as it seemed to burn too fast even though there was no sugar content per se.

What I did want to burn or char was my eggplant and plantains.   I wanted to try a blackening spice mixture on these as I felt that would go good with my Red Recado sauce.

Well the second time around was a charm and just re affirms my theory if you don't get it right the first time keep trying.   The meal was very good and I can see many uses for the Recado spice or sauce mixture in the future.
Blacking Eggplant and Plantains

Red Recado Marinate with Bitter Orange




This was more like it 

Comments