Sous Vide Pork Loin


Sous Vide Pork Loin

How do you take a dull piece of meat like Pork Loin and turn it into something spectacular.   Sous Vide is the answer here.   I have used all types of methods in the past to cook pork loin.  Brining, smoking, reverse sear,  literally name it and I have tried it.   However no other method has produced a better result then a simple sous vide at 143 F for several hours and then a scorching sear under the broiler.  Simple salt, pepper and a bay leaf is all I use for seasoning.


Thai Chilli and Orange Pepper Jelly

I have resisted making jellies for years.  I just was not sure if making an item like a jelly in bulk like recipes stated would turn out as good as some of the artisanal jellies out there.   Well how wrong I was,  I had some Thai peppers left over from the Thai basil chicken I had made and was able to get a bulk of peppers at and incredible price so decided that this time I had no excuse not to try.  I literally had stunning results for my first time trying.  Even though I substituted several ingredients to make it my own the results were truly impressive.  Served along side the pork loin a truly winning combination.
 








Comments